Skill development training courses designed for you to pick up and deliver with the minimum of hassle. Comes complete with all the materials you need to run the training course. No design worries! ‘Copyright waiver’ is included so that you may amend the materials to exactly suit the training need.
Title: Train The Trainer
What does it cover?
This course material covers the techniques and processes required for designing and delivering training sessions (one-to-one or group training on-job) that improve employee’s skill, knowledge and ultimately boost job performance. This practical and participative course is aimed at those who are experienced in their job looking to acquire the ability to train others.
The training course covers:
- Strengths and development areas as a trainer
- Common errors of the on-job trainer
- Communication and why it’s misinterpreted
- Maximising trainee motivation to learn and minimising the barriers to learning
- The V.A.K. methodology of how people learn
- Applying guided discovery in the training
- Techniques to add variety and interest in the training session
- Implementing a task analysis
- Structuring a training session
- Role plays in training a colleague on a 1-1 basis with structured feedback
- Dealing with unexpected scenarios
The course material is designed to be interactive with discussion, formal input, written exercises, syndicate work and role play. It has been primarily designed to train staff to be able to train others on a one-to-one basis. However a substantial part of the material could be used to develop the trainer who trains groups of people.
What do I receive?
- 23 colour slides in MS Powerpoint
- 39 pages of comprehensive trainer notes (contained in the ‘Notes’ section of the slides)
- 36 page delegate handout supplied in MS Word, to help delegates collect notes from your training session
- Pre course work to prepare delegates for skill practice in 1-1 training covered in the afternoon of this course
- Observer Checklist of points to promote structured feedback on the practice training (supplied on MS Word as part of the delegate handout)
A Copyright Waiver Licence is included in the price, so that course material may be adapted to suit your own/ organisational needs e.g. add your own logo; change the colour scheme of the slides; include extra material.
Duration 1 day
Written by Bryan Edwards ABC Training Solutions
Delivered to your inbox.