What does it cover?
The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 in the U.K. states that employers have ‘a legal obligation to make a sufficient and suitable assessment of the risk to employees from the manual handling of loads’.
“More than a third of all over-three-day injuries reported each year to the Health & Safety Executive and local authorities are caused by manual handling” HEALTH & SAFETY EXECUTIVE
Our bite sized training material provides everything you need to run a manual handling training session for employees either on a one to one or group basis. Ideal for new or refresher training. Course material includes trainer notes, slides, and delegate handout covering:
- Understand the meaning of manual handling and risks of poor execution
- Appreciate the nature of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
- Assess the risk prior to starting task
- Recall key tips in lifting and carrying loads
- Undertake a safe lift and transfer of load
- Understand the principles of pushing and pulling
- Identify key personnel with regard to manual handling safety
- Contribute to risk assessments
The material is flexible with trainers able to add the relevant localised detail to the slides/delegate handout e.g. names of manual handling health and safety personnel. This bite sized module is an excellent follow up to our Health & Safety Essentials and Working with V.D.U.s.
What do I receive?
- 18 colour slides in MS Powerpoint
- 21 pages of comprehensive trainer notes (contained in the ‘Notes’ section of the slides)
- 11-page delegate handout supplied in MS Word, to help delegates collect notes from your training session
- Health and Safety Manual Handling Checklist (for employees to sign and placed on personal files in recognition that training has been received)
A Copyright Waiver Licence is included in the price, so that course material may be adapted to suit your own/ organisational needs e.g. add your own logo; change the colour scheme of the slides; include extra material.
Allow up to one and a half hours to complete. Training time can be extended to 2 hours if the suggested practical exercises are undertaken.
Written by Bryan Edwards ABC Training Solutions