What does it cover?
The Health & Safety at Work Act (1974) in the U.K. requires employers to provide whatever training is necessary to ensure the health and safety of its employees. This is strengthened by the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations (1999) which identifies situations where health and safety training is particularly important such as when people start work.
The bite sized training material provides all the resources you need to run a professional health and safety induction training session for new employees. Training sessions can run on a one-to-one or group basis. Course material includes trainer notes, slides, exercises and delegate handout covering:
- Understand the importance of health and safety in the workplace
- Understand the content of the organisation’s health and safety policy
- Know the fire triangle and its implications for the spread of fire
- Explain what to do if they discover a fire or if the fire evacuation alarm is sounded
- Describe the fire evacuation route to the Assembly Point from their workplace area
- Describe the locations and types of fire extinguishers available and the differences between them
- Explain the accident reporting procedure
- Identify Fire Wardens and First Aiders
- Identify typical general and electrical safety hazards in the non-industrialised workplace
The material is flexible with trainers able to add the relevant localised detail to the slides/delegate handout e.g. names of health and safety personnel.
What do I receive?
- 25 colour slides in MS Powerpoint
- 27 pages of comprehensive trainer notes (contained in the ‘Notes’ section of the slides)
- 16-page delegate handout supplied in MS Word, to help delegates collect notes from your training session
- 2-page Health and Safety Induction Checklist (for new employees to sign and placed on personal files in recognition that training has been received)
A Copyright Waiver Licence is included in the price, so that course material may be adapted to suit your own/ organisational needs e.g. add your own logo; change the colour scheme of the slides; include extra material.
Allow up to one and a half hours to complete. Training time can be extended to 3 hours if the suggested practical exercises are undertaken.
Written by Bryan Edwards ABC Training Solutions
Delivered to your inbox.