1 Day Course Materials
Skill development training courses designed for you to pick up and deliver with the minimum of hassle. Comes complete with all the materials you need to run the training course. No design worries! ‘Copyright waiver’ is included so that you may amend the materials to exactly suit the training need.
Title: Assertiveness at Work
What does it cover?
The course material provides core knowledge and skills around how to be assertive to build confidence and effectiveness. It clarifies the differences between assertiveness and aggressiveness at work, helps understand the impact of communication on others and provides key tactics and processes in verbal and non-verbal communication. In short, the course helps delegates to get their point across in a polite, respectful, persuasive manner (without feeling guilty).
The training course covers:
- Communication – what it is and the benefits.
- Barriers to effective communication.
- Match communication methods to the content of the communication.
- Communication and emotion.
- Rights and responsibilities.
- Assertive, aggressive and passive behaviours – the car wars exercise.
- 3 steps to assertive behaviour to encourage others to ‘give of their best’ and to produce workable compromises.
- Developing and maintaining rapport through body language and positive words/phrases.
- Active listening skills.
- 15 assertive tactics, including broken record and self-disclosure techniques.
- Saying no assertively.
- Skill practice in dealing confidently with situations at work that require a degree of assertiveness.
The course material is designed to be interactive with discussion, formal input, written exercises and role play.
What do I receive?
- 20 colour slides in MS Powerpoint
- 27 pages of comprehensive trainer notes (contained in the ‘Notes’ section of the slides)
- 52 page delegate handout supplied in MS Word, to help delegates collect notes from your training session
- Selection of 6 role plays – 3 basic and 3 more complex for delegates to practise the skills
A Copyright Waiver Licence is included in the price, so that course material may be adapted to suit your own/ organisational needs e.g. add your own logo; change the colour scheme of the slides; include extra material.
Written by Bryan Edwards ABC Training Solutions
Delivered to your inbox